Monday, March 8, 2010

McFatty Monday 3/08/1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

That said, there was cheating this weekend. My poor South Beach fairy was bitch slapped and knocked out cold so I could enjoy some martinis and a cupcake with friends. There also might have been some bacon involved too...

BUT.

I still managed to lose .2 lbs, creep my way down to the 126's, AND.....

FIT INTO SOME OLD SKINNY JEANS!!!!

Can you tell I am absolutely off the wall excited about that? I feel amazing. South Beach has definitely changed the way I eat and most importantly how I feel. Mentally, I feel like I have slacked off the past few weeks, but I really haven't. I have just gotten used to eating this way and have made it the norm. It's great to not feel like I'm on a diet and can see the numbers drop on the scale every week.

Sure, there are a few things that I miss. Tortillas for one. I am a huge lover of all Mexican food and this is probably the hardest carb I have bid farewell.

Carrots. I LOVE carrots. And this is a phase 3 maintenance food. There is high sugar in carrots and I have had to say goodbye to those too.

And that's it. Sure, I love mashed potatoes, but I don't really miss them. I don't miss white bread, eating bread in restaurants, or sugar really. Really. Of course I ate a cupcake from my favorite local cafe and bakery yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Do I miss being able to throw junk back every day? No.

Ok, I thought of a few more. I really have wanted some pizza, cheeseburger and fries WITH KETCHUP, and a milkshake. Oh, and being able to snack on chips and salsa--my absolute fav. But I have not died without them, and seeing the numbers drop on the scale every week have really made me not give into my wants and stick to the plan.

And yes, I will cheat for certain occasions. But I will say, that I did not go "all out". My best girls, Blair, Mere, Jenny, and Heather and Susan, all went out to celebrate a few birthday's in the group. Everything I ordered (minus the 2 Watermelon Jolly Rancher martinis) were on my "allowed" food list for South Beach, for the most part. Sure, my chicken breast might have had some Gouda in the center, and my sweet potatoes were cooked with bacon (ZOMG the best. sweet potatoes. EVER.) but I had a pear and goat cheese salad to start, avoided the bread on the table, (and the spinach dip and pita app.) and felt pretty good about what I ate. I know I would probably pass out if I saw the calorie content of what I ate, but I could have done much worse, that's for sure! Sunday we all went out for lunch to round out the girls weekend, and I ordered a salad and had a birthday cupcake for my treat.

I was not expecting much as far as the weight loss this week considering I DID cheat, but I have to say I am really excited about those .2 lbs, even though it could have been a 1.2 had I not enjoyed my birthday. Regrets? Hell no. :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to celebrate , baby! You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked AWESOME on Saturday. & I love you :)

    p.s. your card is in the mail. belated, because I suck.

    ReplyDelete