Monday, April 12, 2010

McFatty Monday: 4/12/10

Another Birthday, another excuse. Time to face the music. I mean scale.

I started this week off great on Phase 1 of South Beach. Well, this PAST week. All was perfect until Friday. It was the hub's birthday weekend and we had wine with dinner Friday. And I spaced out I couldn't eat sweet potatoes during phase 1. So 2 cheats. Then came Saturday. I was good all day, and then we went out for his birthday dinner at Wild Wing and ate boneless wings until we were stuffed silly. And I also had a handfull of fries and 2 Woodchuck hard ciders. And then a slice of my homemade oreo cheesecake to top off the birthday celebration. Yesterday my allergies were killing me and I was a hot mess. So what did I eat? I had some tomato soup and a grilled cheese. Both not approved phase 1 foods. Too much sugar in the soup and I can't have whole wheat bread until phase 2. And then the most embarrassing confession. We had
McDonalds for dinner since I was a puddle of misery. I am not going to admit what I ate.

So when the scale revealed my FIRST gain since I started my journey, I was not totally surprised, even though I did phase 1 for 5 days. So today I start all over. Week 1 day 1. Oh, and my gain was 2.2 lbs, kicking me up to 124. UGHHHHHHHH. Oh how I loved sitting at 122. It felt great to be that close to 120. Now I am back at about 125. I know I really need to face the scale every week. That way I don't keep on the carb bandwagon. It is swimsuit season people! I have GOT to stay in shape! I can't let the numbers keep creeping up. That just can't happen.

My "Aunt" is here too, so that COULD have something to do with the gain. But I can't just blame that.

So there you go internet. My confessions and pledge to only go down from here! (In pounds that is!)

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up too much, if you never splurge here and then life would suck. I have always found after a splurge it kick starts my weightloss again and I have good losses the next few weeks!

    Birthdays are a total pass for me. Mine is in 5ish weeks and I plan on having cake, and lots of it ;)

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthdays get a total pass.

    & sometimes, McDonald's has to happen. Especially when your favorite "aunt" is in town.

    ReplyDelete