Thursday, February 11, 2010

Attn Mom's Who Breastfeed

This diet is NOT FOR YOU. Which includes me. See below.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4991207_south-beach-diet-breastfeeding.html

So yet ANOTHER thing standing in my way. It's like God wants me to be squishy.

Should I have Googled before I jumped head first into this diet? Yes. But I did not. And then my milk went away. Shocker.

So after waking up to deflated boobs I discovered the link which has led me to a few frustrated breakdowns.

First, I got on the scale. Minus 2.4 lbs people! SOMETHING IS FINALLY WORKING FOR ME and now I am facing having to stop.

Second, I have been doing great. This has not been hard on me AT. ALL. I am feeling great and I want to keep going.

But. I have battled low milk supply throughout the past year and have never given up. My goal was to breastfeed the baby until she was a year old. She is almost 11 months (still can't believe this) and the finish line is so close. I am not going to just throw in the towel now and give her formula. Even if it means breaking the rules a bit for my super awesome diet.

So here is what I have decided to do. I am going to just eat oatmeal in the mornings like I had been doing, and maybe 1 slice of whole wheat bread for lunch to add some starch back in. Oatmeal helps milk supply and it wouldn't be a bad starch. You can add that back in Phase 2, so I might be like 95% Phase 1 and 5% Phase 2. I am hoping this will help boost the milk back up and I can still drop some weight.

I know the video says not to do Phase 2 either, but honestly, I didn't eat that far off from Phase 2 to begin with, minus pizza's and other junk and sugar. So I am not too worried. But we'll see.

As for yesterday, I didn't post because it was a crazy day. Tuesday I did not get on Satan Trainer at all, but I did yesterday! I met all of Wednesday's goals and felt fantastic. (Minus the drop in milk.) Oh, and for those wondering, I did have enough in there to feed the babe so she did not starve in any way. Just so you know. :)

Yesterday's Meals:
Breakfast: Ham, Egg, and Cheese Cups
Snack: Celery with low fat cottage cheese
Lunch: Chicken salad with chick peas
Snack: Pistachios and string cheese
Dinner: Steak and chicken fajita salad with onions and green pepper. (YUM!)

Recipe for today:

Cilantro Pesto

1 1/2 Cups lightly packed cilantro leaves. (I did pack it down a bit more because I love cilantro.)
3 TBSP Lime juice
3 TBSP Olive Oil
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1/3 cup walnuts
1/4 tsp salt
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Great for steak, chicken, and turkey!

I love to spread this on sandwiches too--when I can eat bread. :)

Meals for today:
Breakfast: Ham, Egg, Cheese Cup
Snack: Celery and Cottage Cheese
Lunch: Leftover Fajita Salad
Snack: Almonds and string cheese
Dinner: Roasted Cornish Game Hens with roasted vegetables (Broccoli for me, carrots and potatoes for the rest of the family.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! That is a bummer. But you only have 1 more month, and I bet you'll drop the weight QUICKLY after that, too!

    ReplyDelete