Monday, February 1, 2010

McFatty Monday 2/1/10

Let me just get this out of the way and say I lost 0.0 lbs and gained 0.0lbs. NO CHANGE. Now this makes me happy and pissed at the same time. I will explain below.

First of all, let me start out by saying Jillian kicked my ass this week with the 30DS. I did worked out 4 days this week. Better than just 3, not 5 which is what I would have liked. I did work my ass off and totally feel better physically. It's even ::gasp:: getting easier. I expected 1 of 2 things to happen--the scale to reflect my good work, or prove the muscle I know I was gaining weighs more than fat.

So, I do feel like I did a great job this week, but the ugly truth is I am still sitting at 134. somthing and I still have 10 lbs to lose before March 25th. The past 30 days have done nothing but kick 1 effing pound. That is partly my fault, but partly because life is not fair.

I have cheated, yes. We all know about my unholy binge last time due to my "Aunt" that was visiting. Well, this week brought about a whole new set of challenges. IT SNOWED.

Now, I am from the great state of Colorado where it is normal to have to scrape snow off of your car in -10 degree weather for the better part of the winter and spring, and the only way anything was going to close is if the snowplows were in some sort of pile-up on I-25. School NEVER CLOSED.

Enter North Carolina. If the weatherman even utters there might be a CHANCE of a "wintry mix" in the forecast, the city goes into a widespread panic. Schools are automatically either closed or put on a delay, everyone rushes out to the store to buy bread, milk, eggs, and water, and they start squirting a salt brine on the streets about 2 days ahead of time JUST TO BE SAFE.

For once, the weather guy seemed to know what the hell he was talking about this time, and we got almost a foot of snow at our house. A VERY rare occurrence and highly welcomed by our household of snow lovers. But with the warm and cozy feeling that falling snow brings also comes comfort food. Enter confessions of a snowed in foodaholic.

The snow started falling Friday night. We had a delicious pot of chili. Not bad and I didn't even over-do it on the cheese or corn chips that resided in the bottom of my bowl. But then the hubs--AKA Super Metabolism Man --who can eat a case of girl scout cookies and lose weight (yes, this actually did happen), made the most delicious pan of brownies EVER. I ate 3. (In my defense, they were really small.) Saturday we awoke to a winter wonderland. I made breakfast burritos--stuffed with green chilis, potatoes, sausage, eggs, and cheese. FAIL. Ate 3 more brownies. FAIL. Chili for dinner. Pass. The chili we make is not that bad. Sunday was filled with calories. I won't lie. Repeat breakfast. Lunch--quick snack of a burger tray at Cookout that we DID share, and then homemade pizza for dinner. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

So yes, good thing I didn't gain weight. But here is my thing I am getting mad over.

I was not gaining any weight before I started my quest to lose it. The extra 10 lbs (give or take) were leftover from the babe. I was eating whatever I wanted and did not gain any weight. At all. Now, here is where my personal logic comes into play. Surely, if I start working out and burning extra calories, I will LOSE weight, right?

WRONG. And I don't know why. I am eating better than the norm and I'm still not dropping pounds. I could eat all that before and stay the same weight. I eat like that, even a little better, and work out and stay the same. To me, that does not make a DAMN BIT OF SENSE. It's pissing me off.

So, maybe just maybe, I gained muscle this week and it canceled out the fat I lost so my scale just looked unkind. I do feel slimmer and my stomach is flatter. I even had to tighten my drawstring on my PJ pants that I leave tied at all times. Something has to be working. Right?

2 comments:

  1. I am seeing a trend on most peoples post this week and that is I failed. I know I did as i stated in my post. Its okay as long as we don't lose track of the ulimate goal. Keep it up.
    Mcfatty#4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Keep it up, you might want to keep a reacord of your measurements which is what I did since the scale is driving me crazy.

    Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete