Monday, February 15, 2010

McFatty Monday 2/15/10

1 solid week down on South Beach Phase 1, 1 to go! I feel great and have seen results. If you have been following my week of updates and recipes, you will see that as of Saturday, I have lost 3.3 lbs! I did weigh again this morning to get a total for the week, but it said I gained 0.2lbs. This did not at all surprise me since my lovely "Aunt" is in town again, so she brought along her good friends Bloating and Water Retention. Meh. The over all number is still 131 which makes me happy, and I am confident that when I weigh in next Monday I will be in the 120's again.

It feels really great to actually report SUCCESS for a McFatty post. The past month I have been so let down it felt like nothing has worked. THIS WORKS. My milk is barely hanging on, but there---and I have not stopped. I would probably be losing more weight if I did not add a small bowl of oatmeal to my breakfast every morning. But due to the milk troubles, I feel like it helps and the baby is the most important thing ever. So there you have it---I'm losing weight!

Goals, not posted this past week due to a big fat forgetful mind, were ALL MET! I drank all my water every day, and I did not eat ONE SINGLE sweet treat. No chocolate touched these lips. Not even a tiny sip of wine or my favorite--champagne--. Sticking to the plan and the motivation for dropping these last 6 lbs are high motivation people. Sure, it was a crappy week to try the no sweets thing. The hubs was dying to get me some white chocolate covered hand dipped strawberries from Rockey Mountain Chocolate Factory, but he restrained. He got me an iPod Touch instead. HOLLA! I was so excited. Wait--AM so excited. I got a super awesome gift that was not filed with empty calories. It was perfect. :)

So if you want to check out this past week, scroll down the page and see what I have been eating this week to drop the el-bee's.

Oh, my recipe and menu for the day:

Stuffed Poblano Peppers

1 can of black beans
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 jalapeno peppers
4 poblano peppers
2-3 cooked and shredded chicken breasts--seasoned with Mexican spices
1 small onion
1-2 cloves of garlic--minced
1 can green enchilada sauce/green chili
fat free cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Cut tops off Pablano peppers and remove seeds carefully. Place in a baking dish with a small amount of water so they do not scorch. Roast for approx 20-30 minutes. While peppers are cooking, Saute onion, garlic and chopped jalapeno in a pan just until soft. Remove from heat and add to large mixing bowl. Add 1 can of drained black beans. Add shredded seasoned chicken. Lastly, stir in cilantro.
Remove peppers from oven. Add shredded cheese to the bottom of each pepper and stuff with mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top. Pour enchilada sauce over peppers and in the baking pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes until peppers are soft.



Meals for today:
Breakfast: oatmeal and Ham, Egg, Cheese cups
Snack: lean turkey meat, celery and radishes with red pepper hummus
Lunch: Salad with leftover chicken mix from stuffed peppers
Snack: cheese stick with pistachios
Dinner: Chicken fajita salad (fajitas for the hubs) with onions and bell pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment