Monday, February 8, 2010

McFatty Monday 2/8/10

Well Hello Failure, nice to see you for another week.

This week sucked for several reasons.

1. It is now February and I was supposed to be down at LEAST 4 lbs. Dropping 1 lb a week is not a lot to ask, people.

2. I felt like crap. Still don't know why, but headaches plus working out = NOT WORKING OUT.

3. Food, food, food. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

So some drastic things are happening this week. I am sick of reporting negatives. I am sick of not giving my 100% to losing the weight. I was giving it a good 40% if I am brutally honest. After I stopped riding Satan Trainer every day, even for just 10 minutes and started the 30 Day Shred with Jillian, things just got in the way. Like headaches and babies. So this week I am focusing on the food, not the working out. Don't get me wrong, I am going to try Satan Trainer out again just to get moving every day if it kills me, but it will be a secondary goal to my food discipline.

This week, today in fact, marks Day 1 of South Beach diet Phase 1. For those of you who are not familiar with the SB diet, it is a carb-lovers nightmare. It's a high-protein diet, lots of green veggies, and NO SUGAR. NO STARCH. NO ALCOHOL. Well, at least for Phase 1. This torture will last 2 weeks and detox the body of carb cravings, sugar cravings, etc. Phase 2 can last for as long as you want. It introduces "good carbs" back to your diet to help your body manage staying on track and eating healthy ALL the time, so it's not a crash diet. Once you are satisfied in the weight loss, you enter Phase 3---management. It helps you control how many starchy foods you eat, sugar, etc. It's supposed to help teach you how to change your eating habits. While I am able to usually eat whatever and not gain weight, this will help me eat better and keep me healthy. Lord knows pizza and milkshakes are not included on the food pyramid!

So, I have to admit, I am freaking out. This is a high-egg diet and have I mentioned how much I hate eggs? Well, let me rephrase. I hate scrambled eggs. I am a yolk-lover, so I have my eggs fixed in ways that do not scramble or "mix" the yolk with the white. Hard-boiled, soft-boiled, over-easy, sunny side up and my favorite...eggs in a window. For those of you who are in the dark about the most FABULOUS way to eat an egg, you cut out a piece of bread with a biscuit cutter and carefully crack your egg in the hole. You fry it until you can see the bottom is cooked, and flip it carefully. Make sure the white is cooked, but your yolk is still runny. I usually pour hot sauce all over mine and dip the bread I cut out in the yolk. OMG I want bread now.

But I am going to survive. I did find a great recipe for breakfast that is super easy and showcases the egg in a good way. And you know what? It even tastes pretty darn good too.

Ham, Egg and Cheese Cups


Put a piece of low-fat or fat-free ham (I use a slice of lean deli ham) in a muffin tin. Layer a slice of fat-free cheese over the ham. Crack an egg in each muffin cup and bake at 375 until the white is no longer runny. I think I cooked mine like 25 minutes.

DELISH.

Also, I am going to try my hardest to post my daily goals EVERY day this week and stick to them. I really need to get back on that and focus on myself. I have been so busy with the house and the baby that I get lost in the mix. And I am worth it, damnit.

Goal for Today:
Make my SB Breakfast and Lunches for the week. (Already DONE!)
Drink at least 64 oz of water.
Satan Trainer for a minimum of 15 minutes.
STICK TO THE DIET!

And to answer dear Blair's question:

I have 7 lbs to pre-pregnancy weight.
I would like to lose 10 at the minimum though.

I am counting on never fitting into my size 4's again, thanks to my favorite girl in all the world who stretched out my hips and then decided she wanted to come out my stomach instead.
Not to be let down, I want to at least get down to 125. I would LOVE to be 118 again, but I have not seen that number since I was 24. The day I turned 25 God gave me the gift of 3 extra pounds. And then when I turned 26 I got 3 more. So I think 125 is a good starting point.

If SB does not do anything to drop my weight, I'm spending Keira's college fund on lipo. :)

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! The first couple days are rough, but I promise - by day 4 or 5, you'll be saying, "Man! This isn't difficult AT ALL!"

    ReplyDelete